Carpet Care Tips and Guides
Carpet Care Tips for Your Carpets to Look Its Best
The ordinary hustle and bustle of everyday life can take its toll on your carpet. The following carpet care tips can help you to maintain your carpet’s appearance as well as to lengthen it’s life.
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2–3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet at least once a week.
- Use indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home. Be sure to clean these periodically to ensure their utmost effectiveness.
- Keep a bottle of Professional Spot Remover on hand so you can treat spots and spills immediately, preventing today’s accidents from becoming tomorrow’s stains.
10 Tips in Carpet Care
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2–3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet the same or at least once in a week.
- Use both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home.
- Make your own spot remover by combining 1/4-teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
- Over time, the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down. For optimum performance, have a protector regularly applied after cleaning.
- Stain-resistant does not mean stain-proof. Be sure to act immediately to prevent spots and spills from causing permanent damage.
- Before using any spot removing products, first of all test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area.
- Test area rugs for colorfastness before placing over carpet since some rugs may tend to bleed.
- Lastly, vacuum under area rugs periodically to remove loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
- To avoid color transfer between furniture and flooring after a professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place until the carpet is completely dry (about two days).
- Your furniture collects everyday dirt and soil just like your carpet. For convenience, why not have them both professionally cleaned at the same time?